- Can you have multiple constructors?
- Why is constructor needed?
- Can we have more than one constructor in a class if yes explain the need for such a situation?
- Can constructor be overloaded?
- Can constructor be inherited?
- What happens if a user forgets to define a constructor inside a class?
- What is the difference between a constructor and a method?
- What is the purpose of multiple constructors?
- Can you have 2 constructors in Java?
- Can constructor be private?
- Which three can vary in overloaded methods?
- Why can’t a constructor be final?
Can you have multiple constructors?
A class can have multiple constructors, as long as their signature (the parameters they take) are not the same.
You can define as many constructors as you need.
This is what constructor overloading means, that a Java class contains multiple constructors..
Why is constructor needed?
The purpose of constructor is to initialize the object of a class while the purpose of a method is to perform a task by executing java code. Constructors cannot be abstract, final, static and synchronised while methods can be. Constructors do not have return types while methods do.
Can we have more than one constructor in a class if yes explain the need for such a situation?
Yes, a Class in ABL can have more than Constructor. Multiple instance constructors can be defined for a class that are overloaded with different parameter signatures. If an instance constructor is defined without parameters, that constructor becomes the default instance constructor for the class.
Can constructor be overloaded?
Yes! Java supports constructor overloading. In constructor loading, we create multiple constructors with the same name but with different parameters types or with different no of parameters.
Can constructor be inherited?
Constructors are not members, so they are not inherited by subclasses, but the constructor of the superclass can be invoked from the subclass.
What happens if a user forgets to define a constructor inside a class?
7. What happens if a user forgets to define a constructor inside a class? Explanation: The C++ compiler always provides a default constructor if one forgets to define a constructor inside a class.
What is the difference between a constructor and a method?
Constructor is used to initialize an object whereas method is used to exhibits functionality of an object. Constructors are invoked implicitly whereas methods are invoked explicitly. Constructor does not return any value where the method may/may not return a value.
What is the purpose of multiple constructors?
A class can have multiple constructors that assign the fields in different ways. Sometimes it’s beneficial to specify every aspect of an object’s data by assigning parameters to the fields, but other times it might be appropriate to define only one or a few.
Can you have 2 constructors in Java?
There can be multiple constructors in a class. However, the parameter list of the constructors should not be same. This is known as constructor overloading.
Can constructor be private?
Yes, we can declare a constructor as private. If we declare a constructor as private we are not able to create an object of a class. We can use this private constructor in the Singleton Design Pattern.
Which three can vary in overloaded methods?
Method return type. Types of parameters. Order of parameters.
Why can’t a constructor be final?
The child class inherits all the members of the superclass except the constructors. In other words, constructors cannot be inherited in Java therefore you cannot override constructors. So, writing final before constructors makes no sense. Therefore, java does not allow final keyword before a constructor.